The trend of dabbing cannabis concentrates has skyrocketed in recent times. The intricate process of extracting pure and unadulterated cannabinoid properties from your cannabis shatter, oil or wax is truly an art. It requires patience and practice to master. However, once you've aced it, the perks are unmatched. You can enjoy higher levels of THC while using less material compared to smoking cannabis flower from a standard bong or pipe. If you're a newbie to dabbing or a pro looking to expand your dabbing collection, this article will give you a glimpse of the benefits and downsides of dabbing. So, read on and find out if dabbing aligns with your smoking preferences, and brace yourself for some fantastic insights.
What Is The Process Of Dabbing Cannabis?
Dabbing is the fancy way of inhaling cannabis concentrates by vaporising a small amount of substance on a heated surface. To do this, you need a dab rig - a specialised bong that heats the concentrate. A nail made of titanium, quartz, or ceramic is used to heat the concentrate, which vaporises on contact, producing a potent vapour that can be inhaled through the dab rig. Dabbing has become popular due to its quick and efficient way of experiencing the concentrated form of THC. But beware, dabbing can be a risky business if not done correctly. Heating a substance to high temperatures can ruin your precious product and expose you to more dangerous elements.
What Are The Benefits Of Dabbing Compared To Bong Smoking?
Cannabis concentrates pack a punch, making traditional forms like flower seem like child's play. Dabbing is the way to go for those who want to elevate their experience to new heights. By vaporising the concentrate instead of burning it, you get a more intense and stronger high without having to use as much material. Plus, it's a smart way to save your green. Dabbing also unlocks the full flavour profile of the concentrate, giving you a more nuanced and complex taste. And if you're worried about your health, dabbing is a breath of fresh air - literally. No smoke means no irritation or respiratory issues. Best of all, it's a no-fuss way to get your dose - no papers or accessories required.
What Equipment Do I Need To Begin Dabbing?
Before you can hit the ground dabbing, there are few pieces of equipment you need in your arsenal for the perfect dab. These include but are not limited to:
- Dab Rig: A dab rig is a specialised pipe that is crafted to heat cannabis concentrates and inhale the ensuing vapor, creating an intense and potent smoking experience. The rig usually comprises a water pipe, a nail, and a dome, although there are numerous shapes and sizes to choose from.
- Nail: The nail is the heated part of the dab rig where the concentrate is placed. Nails come in various sizes and shapes and can be constructed from several materials, such as titanium, quartz, or ceramic.
- Butane Torch: Propane and butane torches are commonly used to heat the nail to the correct temperature for dabbing.
- Dab Tool: A dab tool is necessary to handle and apply the concentrate to the heated nail, and these tools can be made from metal, glass, or silicone.
- Carb Cap: Once the concentrate is added a small accessory called the carb cap is placed over the nail to regulate the airflow and ensure efficient vaporisation.
- Parchment Paper: Parchment paper is a fantastic non-stick material that is ideal for storing your cannabis shatter, wax or concentrates. Keeping your product fresh is crucial for ultimate flavour and taste.
- Dabbing Mats: A dabbing mat is a wonderful accessory to keep the process of dabbing clean, mess-free and contained. They're perfect for distributing your concentrate and can also keep your dab rig and accessories firmly in place.
- Concentrate: Lastly, the cannabis concentrates, oils, or waxes are essential, which can be either bought or homemade using a cannabis extraction method.
What Are The Cons Of Dabbing Compared To Bong Smoking?
They're are few things you need to consider before going all in with a new dabbing setup. Although dabbing can be one of the most purest forms of cannabis consumption, there are few disadvantages as well including:
- Expensive: Dabbing concentrates is a whole different ball game that requires some fancy equipment such as a dab rig and a torch. Sadly, this gear can cost a pretty penny, which can be a bummer for budget-conscious users.
- Practise: Plus, compared to smoking a joint or traditional bong, dabbing can be a bit tricky. You need to be a pro at heating the nail to the right temperature and inhaling the vapour without burning your eyebrows off.
- Potency: Sure, concentrates are potent, but that can also be a double-edged sword. Dabbing can be more intense than other methods, so it's not for everyone, especially those with a low tolerance for a wild ride.
- Dangerous: And let's not forget that dabbing can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. You don't want to set your house on fire or fry your lungs by inhaling vapour at high temps.
- Buying Concentrate: Finally, finding concentrates can be a hassle compared to flower, which can cause some headaches for users who want to get their dab on.
What Are Some Dabbing Tips For Beginners?
Dabbing can take some time to get the hang of, so it's important to do plenty of research and talk to fellow dabbers to fully grasp the practice. In the meantime, here are some simple tips we recommend following especially if you're new to the scene:
- Start Small: If you're looking to get your mind in the clouds with cannabis concentrates, keep in mind they pack a serious punch. Don't go overboard, start small and work your way up to avoid any unwanted side effects.
- Good Equipment: Plus, investing in top-notch equipment like a reliable dab rig and high-quality nail can make all the difference in your experience.
- Heat Nail Properly: To really nail it, make sure to heat your nail until it's red hot, then give it a few seconds to cool down before adding your concentrate.
- Use A Carb Cap: And if you want to avoid any sticky situations, a carb cap can help regulate airflow and prevent any spills. Stay sharp and enjoy the ride!
- Clean Regularly: Keeping your dab rig and other gear clean isn't just about boosting the flavour and vibe - it also helps your stuff last longer. And let's face it, who wants to replace their kit every other week?
- Be Safe: Dabbing can get pretty hot and fiery, so be sure to use a steady surface, steer clear of anything flammable, and pop on some safety specs if you need 'em. We don't want any accidents spoiling the fun, do we?
Where Do I Purchase A Dab Rig And Other Dabbing Equipment?
Glass Bongs Australia has a superb collection of dabbing essentials that'll have you feeling like a pro in no time. They've got everything you need to get started, from top-notch brands like GRAV, K.Haring, and G Pen. Their selection of carb caps, titanium nails, quartz bangers, dabbing tools, and mats come in a variety of colours and sizes to suit your every need. And if you're on the go, don't worry - they've got plenty of storage solutions to keep your gear organised and within reach. Whether you're on a budget or looking to splurge on some luxurious fittings, they've got something for everyone. So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to Glass Bongs Australia and take your dabbing game to the next level!